1. COMMITMENT TO DATA PRIVACY AND SECURITY. COTSWOLD SEEDS LTD (“We” “Us” “Our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your data & privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data We collect, or that you provide to Us, will be processed and stored by Ourselves. For the purpose of the GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION 2018, the data controller is Cotswold Seeds Limited, Cotswold Business Village, Moreton in Marsh, Gloucestershire, GL56 0JQ.
2. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU. We collect and process the following information about you:
Business title(s), addresses, and personal and business contact details via telephone (landline and/or mobile), email and/or fax.
Any bank details you have provided to Us in order to process payments electronically.
Details of trade assurance scheme memberships.
Orders made with Us and contracts undertaken with Us.
Details of any complaints procedures which may have been raised with Us.
We do not collect any sensitive information for which stronger legal protection may apply.
3. IP ADDRESSES, COOKIES & INTERNET TRAFFIC. Any personal information collected by visiting www.cotswoldseeds.com, www.cotswoldlogs.co.uk or www.farm-ed.co.uk including, but not limited to, traffic data, location, operating system and browser type, are not held by the Company, and are purely utilised by website systems to anonymously monitor trends in online traffic. IP addresses or cookies are not linked to personally identifiable information.
4. LINKS. Our websites contain links to other sites. Please be aware that Cotswold Seeds Ltd is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website. However, if you have any concerns about privacy on linked sites please let us know.
5. STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA. All data collected from you and relating to your business with Us is stored on our secure servers. By submitting data, placing orders or undertaking a contract with Us, you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of this and all relevant information on secure servers. Cotswold Seeds Limited do not transfer any personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
6. PAYMENT CARD INDUSTRY DATA SECURITY STANDARD (PCI DSS) sets the requirements for organizations and sellers to safely and securely accept, store, process, and transmit cardholder data during credit card transaction to prevent fraud and data breaches. Cotswold Seeds adheres to PCI DSS using external auditors and our websites undergo monthly automated scanning to ensure PCI DSS standards are maintained. Cotswold Seeds Ltd undergo annual audits to reassess and address any issues with non-website based PCI DSS compliance.
7. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION. Personal and business information collected by Ourselves is not used for marketing purposes, and is strictly limited to aiding Us to carry out Our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Ourselves, and to notify you of any changes to Our service or terms of business. Email address details are used when preparing and sending invoices business newsletters, and compiling email campaign reports. Opportunities to unsubscribe from newsletters are provided with every mailing.
8. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION. No information We collect is used for marketing purposes, or passed or disclosed to third parties for the purposes of marketing. In the event that Cotswold Seeds Limited (the Company) is acquired by a third party, personal data relating to current orders and contracts will be transferred as a business asset. We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply Our Terms of Business, Our Terms and Conditions of Sale, or any other agreements to protect Our Rights. This includes (but is not limited to) exchanging information with organisations for the prevention, detection or investigation of a crime, national security, the assessment or collection of tax, or judicial or ministerial appointments.
9. YOUR RIGHTS. You have the right to know what information we hold in regard to yourself, and We are under a legal obligation to disclose Our holdings should you request We do so. We will presume that you consent to us continuing to hold your personal information unless you contact us informing otherwise. You do have the right to withdraw consent for the use of your personal data, and to ask Us to erase your personal details from our servers.